Saturday 16 November 2013

Starting to acclimatize

Training this morning was my best yet- for once I wasn't dying by the 3rd round of padwork! Tun- the trainer I did a private session with yesterday- immediately called me over to do padwork with him, hopefully this will be the standard as its so much better when you have the same person holding pads for you regularly as you get a real flow and rhythm together. I think doing the private at almost midday yesterday helped too- it's not quite as hot in the morning training which starts at 7.30!!
Last night Cameron and I decided to go for another mission on the scooter. We aimed to reach Patong but ended up in Kata, and then stumbled on the Lon Krongthoy festival- dozens of stalls selling loads of different foods and a plethora of cheap- and more often than not, fake- goods. The quality of the fakes was pretty good though, and the prices really low.
After training today a bunch of people from the gym went for breakfast at the Kombat Kafe, a place aimed specifically at fighters. I had protein pancakes with bannanas and honey, and my first cup of tea since arriving here. As I expected, it wasn't quite the same as the tea at home. We then headed down to Nai Harn beach for a bit, before heading off on another scooter mission which took us deep into some crazy Phuket traffic, before we came upon a fish market right by the sea. Here the fish comes straight off the boat, to the market stalls where you can then take it across the road to a restaurant who will cook it for you. We didn't eat there this time but will be coming back.
Tonight is the Sinbi Fight Night- with the fights taking lace literally yards from my room. Gonna be a blast- muay thai, good company and a few beers, doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment